Through INTERSECT, we identify exceptional individuals from Australia and the UK who could play a significant role in enhancing diversity and inclusion through their role in the arts in the years ahead. If you have a vision for change then this could be the opportunity for you.
More about the types of people we are looking for:
- You will need to be based in Australia or the United Kingdom.
- 2018 Australian applicants must be based in New South Wales or Victoria.
- At least five years’ experience in the performing arts, visual arts, literature or screen sector as a producer, publisher, curator, programmer or artistic director.
- Identify as being from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse or minority ethnic background*
- You must be available to travel to London for the specified dates and also be available to participate in the Australian leg of the program in February 2019. Dates will be confirmed in September, but it will involve a commitment of nine to ten days including travel.
- You must be willing and available to participate in regular digital / phone meetings with the cohort to take place every other month from July 2018 to March 2019.
- You should be able to passionately explain how you want to make change in your country and how this links to your vision.
- We are looking for people who are committed to support the development of diversity and inclusion their country, and so encourage those to apply who have good knowledge and strong networks in the country they are based in.
- Previous British Council and Diversity Arts Australia programme participants are eligible to apply.
- Our policy is that we will support 3 people from each country.
- You cannot be currently employed by, or an immediate family member of the British Council, or Diversity Arts Australia.
You must be able to travel to the UK, arriving on the 9 September 2018 and departing on the 15 September 2018 with a valid passport. If you believe there is any reason you may be denied a visa you may want to consider whether to submit an application, as the British Council is unable to facilitate or guarantee that you will receive a visa.
The costs of travel, accommodation and per diem are covered by the British Council. We are looking for exceptional individuals with the ideas, energy and commitment to work collaboratively with all members of the cohort.