At each of the finals:
- You will present your three minute talk to the FameLab judges.
- The judges will ask questions after each presentation and will also give feedback where possible.
- PowerPoint is not allowed.
- Props are permitted but are limited to what you can carry on stage. There is no time for set up once on stage.
The semi-finals are held on set dates in different states around Australia. Semi-finals will be held online live to judges, via Zoom from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm.
- QLD semi-final – Friday 2nd July 2021
- Vic semi-final – Monday 5th July 2021
- NSW semi-final – Wednesday 7th July 2021
- WA semi-final – Friday 9th July 2021
After the semi-final presentations, the winner, runner-up and 'people's choice' recipient will be announced. Successful candidates will be invited to go through to the national final.
The national final
The Winner, Runner-up and Wildcard from each state semi-final will be invited to compete in the FameLab Australia National Final on Thursday the 22nd of July, 2021
National Finalists will receive one-on-one Masterclass training from an internationally renowned trainer prior to the final.
The overall Winner of the National Final will go onto compete against the winners from over 22 countries in the International Final in November (date TBC) and receive a one week internship with the ABC Science show Catalyst
The international final
The FameLab Australia winner will be invited to participate at the international FameLab International final at the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK. Details to be confirmed.