In Australia, FameLab is open to early career researchers who are currently completing postgraduate study and those who have completed their postgraduate degrees within the last five years. It is open to researchers working in science, technology, engineering or maths (known as 'STEM' subjects).
The competition is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia* who are pursuing studies or working in a scientific field. Entrants may be:
- Students who are currently undertaking MSc or PhD qualifications
- Postdoctoral fellows or early-career researchers who have received their MSc or PhD degrees within the last five years
* International (non-Australian citizen) scientists who are currently working or studying in Australia are welcome to apply, but they must be able to demonstrate a formal affiliation with an Australian institution.
Entrants will be asked to provide evidence of their research. Accepted sources of evidence include publications, conference titles, posters or evidence of internal review from a director, dean or head of an organisation.
We do not accept applications from:
People who are already working professionally in public engagement with STEM, including:
- Current science communication students and professionals
- Employees of the British Council and their next of kin
- Those who have participated in a previous FameLab National Final event
A full copy of the terms & conditions can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Please check the Foundation for the WA Museum website for more information.