The FameLab WA semi-final is coming to the Western Australia Maritime Museum in Fremantle on Wednesday 12 April 2017!
Watch as twelve of the country’s best science communicators take to the stage to win your hearts and minds as they explain complicated scientific concepts in just three minutes in a fun and enlightening way. Jargon and PowerPoint are strictly BANNED but jokes, props and costumes are strongly encouraged!
The following researchers will taking to the stage at the semi-final in WA:
- Ifrah Abdullahi, School of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Western Australia
- Laura Dondzilo, University of Western Australia
- Chaminda Ranasinghe, Edith Cowan University
- Narelle Dybing, Murdoch University
- Hannah Etchells, University of Western Australia
- Abdelrahman Elkhateeb, Curtin University
- Leanda Denise Mason, Curtin University
- Bronwyn Ayre, University of Western Australia
- Tahlia Perry, University of Adelaide
Does following a low carb or Paleo diet over the long term influence your health? How do the the health and developmental outcomes of children of immigrant and refugee backgrounds compare to other children? Join us to hear scientific concepts like these explained in just three minutes in a fun and enlightening way!
Presentations will be judged by an esteemed panel of media professionals and public figures according to FameLab’s 3Cs: content, clarity and charisma.
The winner will be announced on the night and will then go on to compete in the national final – hosted by superstar astrophysicist, Dr Alan Duffy – on 4 May.
Come along for a night that’s guaranteed to be full of FameLabulous fun!
Tickets must be pre-booked in advance.
Please note: doors open at 6.00pm for a 6.30pm start