Applications close 12.00 (noon) GMT on 21 March 2019.
What is Future News Worldwide?
Future News Worldwide identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists. It is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world's leading media organisations.
The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
The programme centres around a two-day conference in London, with English as the working language. The conference offers aspiring young journalists opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders, with a mixture of talks, interactive panel sessions, workshops and hands-on experiences.
After the conference, delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
Who can apply for Future News Worldwide?
We’re looking for 100 of the world's most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide 2019 will take place on 16 and 17 July at Reuters UK headquarters in Canary Wharf, London. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
You can apply if you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student or recent graduate and aged 18-25. Applications are welcome from anywhere in the world.
If you're a student or a recent graduate who's passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you're a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2019 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2019
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2017
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 13-18 July 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).